Who We Are:
CT Lab Global Media is part of the leading International Consumer Electronic Tradeshow Company IFA, based in Berlin, Germany. We publish the Consumer Technology industry’s premier print and digital magazines, newsletters and websites and host CE Week NY.
We enrich and empower our audience with engaged editorial and sponsored content. We provide top performance and excellent returns on marketing investments for our media clients.
The team is made up out of visionary, trend-setting professionals. We believe in the power of team spirit, derived from professionalism, different cultural backgrounds, diversification and vision. We are a small team, where everyone helps out everyone, not always according to our job descriptions, but according to what needs to be done next.
Who You Are:
Are you passionate about consumer technology? Do you have an affinity for B2B communication and retailing? We are looking for an experienced Editor to add-on to the innovation and success of Dealerscope, as well as take ownership of the brand.
What You’ll Do:
- Overall responsibility of the content, spreadsheet and editorial schedule of the print and digital issues of Dealerscope.
- Make the website a daily ”Talk of Town” for the Industry, with posting original content to websites every weekday. Exploring new content possibilities on a daily basis.
- Taking all necessary measures to stay ahead with the industry news.
- Doing research, keeping, and generating new contacts in the industry with special emphasis on retail buyers and manufactures.
- Doing panel discussions, online interviews, product judging on occasion (unbox column) etc.
- Writing yourself roughly 50% of the content of the publication. Assign and edit columns for the other 50%
- One feature for Connected Design a month
- Proofread the issue before uploading to the printer and give it the final “Go”
- Attending and covering industry events, press conferences and trade shows
- Scheduling, conducting and editing about two podcasts per month for DS.com
- Hosting one Insider Talk per month, as well as bringing in guests
- Taking part in weekly Team Call and Editorial Call
- Work closely and cooperative with the Art Director
- Maintain and built relationships with the CE Retailers
What You Bring:
- 2 + years as an experienced Journalist or PR Expert
- Bachelors Degree in a related field
- CE Industry Background is recommended
- Outgoing and extremely communicative
- Very active on social media
- Some travel is required in the future
What Makes You Stand Out From the Crowd:
- Being a real consumer techie yourself
- Enthusiastic, interesting, and varied writer
- Proactive and pragmatic
CT Lab Global Media, the North-American platform of IFA, the world's largest consumer electronics show, is seeking an Editorial Intern. This individual will contribute to our publications, websites, and social media platforms by producing various forms of content. CT Lab Global Media publishes both Dealerscope and Connected Design magazines, B2B publications that cover the consumer electronics and connected home industries.
Scope of Work:
- Create videos in PremierePro for product reviews, Facebook Live interview series, and various tradeshows/events
- Share our content across social media platforms in line with our social strategy (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube)
- Work with PowerStories to produce videos for clients
- Work alongside our two graphic designers to update promotional materials in Canva (thumbnails, Insider Talk flyers, social headers, etc.)
- Attend and cover industry trade shows, events (virtually and in-person)
- Completing writing projects, meeting deadlines and following content requirements for the print publication as well as the website (www.dealerscope.com)
- Proofreading both the print and digital versions of the publications
- Daily posting content to the websites
- Conducting research on related topics
Skills & Qualifications
- Familiarity and ease with desktop publishing and editing software (MS Office; Adobe Suite including PremierePro, PhotoShop and AfterEffects; WordPress; Canva).
- Excellent outreach/research skills in order to identify and select the best content for the publications/websites/social channels.
- Exceptional written, communication, and listening skills in order to communicate with publishers, outside contributors and in-house editors.
- Interest in and knowledge of consumer electronics a plus.
Submit a resume and cover letter outlining qualifications and interest in the position. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. The company will contact you with next steps if you are selected for an interview.
Job Type: Internship