CT Lab Global Media, LLC
Effective Date: August 31, 2017
- You and Us
We are CT Lab Global Media, LLC (“CT Lab Global Media”, “we”, “us” and “our”). We are a premier business-to-business media company serving the consumer technology industry. We provide our services in hard copy and online (collectively, the “Services”), including but not limited to:
- Our event sites and other websites (“CT Lab Sites”).
- Publications of all types (“Publications”), including:
- Websites, newsletters, blogs, libraries and other online publications (each, an “Online Publication”).
- Our hard copy publications (“Paper Publications”).
- Our libraries, stores and other resources (“Resources”).
- Mobile applications and software on user devices (“CT Lab Global Media Apps”).
- Web pages on social media sites operated by others, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and other social media (each a “Social Media Site”).
Each person or entity who uses our Services or provides content to or for our Services is referred to as a “user” or “you” or “your”. If you subscribe to any of our Services, we will refer to you as a “Subscriber”. If you subscribe on behalf of another person, company or organization (“Company”), then you promise and warrant that you are authorized by the Company and that you have the right to bind the Company to these Terms. These Terms and the Privacy Statement apply to each Company, which shall be considered a type of user.
This document is our statement of our privacy practices (“Privacy Statement”). Among other things, it explains how we and some of the companies we work with collect, use, share and protect personally-identifiable information (“personal information”) while using our Services, and your choices about the collection, storage and use of your personal information.
By using our Services you understand and agree that we are providing a platform for you to receive and post information and content, including comments and other materials (collectively, “content”) to the Services and to share content through the Services and through other means. This means that other users may see, use, or share any of your content that you make publicly available through our Services.
When using our Services you consent to the collection, transfer, manipulation, storage, disclosure and other uses of your information, including your personal information, as described in this Privacy Statement.
- Information You Provide Us Directly
- Registration information.When you create or modify an account, or subscribe to any of our Services, or provide us with content, you provide personal information to us, such as your user name, password, postal address and email address. Some of this personal information, for example, your user name, may be listed publicly on our Services, including on your profile page and in search results (if applicable). We may share your email address with others, including our partners and other users, Providers and Subscribers.
- Profile information.We may use your contact information to send you information about our Services or to market to you. If you email us, we may keep your message, email address and contact information to respond to your request. Please note that most of our Services gather and use your personal information independently of each other, so each opt-in and opt-out of each Service is made via that Service. We do not provide a comprehensive dashboard for all of our Services at this time.
- Location Information.We do not currently ask for your geographic location information. However, when you post content to our website or to social media, you may provide your location information, including global positioning system (“GPS”) data or other location information embedded in or accompanying the content (e.g., in tags or captions).
- Communications between you and CT Lab Global Media: We may send you emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Services, technical and security notices), and we may collect and store these communications.
- Information We Gather From Your Use of Our Services
- We collect and may save private emails sent to us by users, and we may share your emails with any third parties or other users. Any public posts on the CT Lab Global Media Services may be viewed by any user and is public to anyone who visits the Services. You may elect to disclose certain personal information and information that is not personal information (“non-personal information”). The information you submit in any public forums, including in providing content for use as part of the Services is not confidential or private, and CT Lab Global Media does not protect it. All information you choose to provide publicly, including information that identifies you or others, can be read, collected, or used by other users and by other third parties, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages and for other purposes.
- Third Party Data. We may supplement information you give us with information from other sources, such as information to validate or update your address, credit-card or other demographic and lifestyle information. We use this information to help us maintain the accuracy of the information we collect, to target our communications so that we can inform you of products and services that may be of interest, and for internal business analysis or other business purposes.
- We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends and other non-personal information for the Services. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Services, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving our Services. We collect and combine this analytics information with analytics information from other users so that it cannot be used to identify any particular individual user.
- Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with other data, including content. For example, metadata can describe how, when and by whom an item of content was collected and how that content is formatted. CT Lab Global Media may collect and store metadata, including about each user’s public posts on the Services.
- CT Lab Global Media may keep track of how you interact with links across our Services, including our email notifications and third party services by redirecting clicks or through other means. We do this to help improve our Services, to provide more relevant local data, and to be able to share aggregate click statistics such as how many times a particular link was clicked on.
- Device Identifiers.We may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, or remotely store one or more "device identifiers." Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your computer, phone or other device, which uniquely identifies your device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device's operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by CT Lab Global Media. A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use the Services and may help us or others provide reports or personalized content and ads. Some features of the Services may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
- Log Data. Our servers automatically record information ("log data”) created by your use of the Services. Log Data may include information such as your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, operating system, the referring web page, pages visited, location, your mobile carrier, device and application IDs, search terms, and cookie information. We receive log data when you interact with our Services, for example, when you visit our website, sign into our Services or interact with our email notifications. CT Lab Global Media uses log data to review how we provide our Services and to measure, customize, and improve the Services.
- How We Store Your Information
- We provide the Services from within the United States, and we store all personal information that we currently collect and retain on servers inside the United States. In the future, we may store personal information on servers located outside the United States.
- Certain types of content you submit to us might reveal your gender, ethnic origin, nationality, age, religion, sexual orientation, or other personal information about you or others.
- How We Use Your Information
We share and use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- With Your Consent.We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of CT Lab Global Media when we have your consent to do so. All data and metadata collected during the registration for assets may be shared with the sponsors of those assets in order to contact you regarding their products and services in their normal course of business.
- Affiliates of CT Lab Global Media.We may share your personal information with our CT Lab Global Media affiliates (meaning entities controlled by, controlling or under common control with CT Lab Global Media) as necessary to provide the Services.
- Opt-out.If you are a Subscriber or Provider of any content, your registration information may be shared with our advertisers when you click on their ads or any other hyperlink that takes you to their websites. If you supply us with your postal address you may receive periodic mailings from us with information on new products and services or upcoming events. If you do not want to receive such mailings, please let us know by sending email to us or writing to us. Please provide us with your exact name, company name and address. We will be sure your name is removed from the list we use internally which may on a limited basis be shared with other organizations.
- Telephone Numbers.Users, Providers and Subscribers who supply us with their telephone numbers may receive telephone calls, texts and other communications from us with information regarding new products and services or upcoming events. If you do not want to receive such telephone communication, please let us know by sending email to us at the “Contact Us” email address or writing to us at the “Contact Us” postal address. Please provide us with your exact name, company name, address and phone number. We collect the mobile phone numbers of those who voluntarily provide them to us. Although any mobile program is complimentary and requires no purchase or fee for participation, standard messaging and data fees may apply. Check your mobile plan for more details.
- Service Providers.We employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Services (e.g., payment processing, maintenance, analysis, audit, marketing and development). These third parties may have limited access to your personal information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated to CT Lab Global Media not to disclose or use your personal information for other purposes.
- Required by Law.We may access, preserve and share your personal information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena). We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
- Change of Control.If we sell or otherwise transfer part or the whole of CT Lab Global Media or our assets to another organization (e.g., a merger, acquisition, or reorganization), your personal information such as user name and email address, content and any other information collected through the Services may be among the items sold or transferred. You will continue to own your content, but each license you granted to us in the Terms may be transferred to others.
- Non-personal information.We may share aggregated information that is not personally-identifiable information (“non-personal information”) publicly and with publishers, marketers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share non-personal information publicly to show trends about the general use of our Services. Non-personal information includes collective information about multiple users that does not reflect or reference an individually-identifiable user.
- In addition to some of the specific uses of information we describe in this Privacy Statement above, we may use personal information that we receive to:
- help you efficiently access your information after you sign in.
- remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Services.
- provide personalized content and information to you and others, which, in the future, could include online ads or other forms of marketing.
- provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Services.
- develop and test new products and features.
- monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns.
- diagnose or fix technology problems.
- Privacy Settings
Some of the privacy settings for the use of your personal information may be set at each Service. Once you have shared your personal information or your content, or otherwise made it public, that personal information and your content may be re-shared by others.
Our Services are not directed to persons under age 18. If you are the parent or guardian of a young person under 18, and you become aware that your young person has provided us with personal information or content without your express consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove such information or content, and we will terminate the young person's account and any subscriptions.
- Changes to this Privacy Statement
We may modify our Privacy Statement from time to time on thirty days prior notice sent to the email address we have for you. For any user who has not provided us with an email address, the revised Privacy Statement will become effective no less than thirty (30) days after posting on the CT Lab Global Media website at https://ctlab.media/privacy-policy.
- Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by CT Lab Global Media to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com, or send us postal mail at:
CT Lab Global Media, LLC
100 S Juniper St, 3rd Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83(c)(2), CT Lab Global Media does not share users’ personal information with affiliate companies or others outside CT Lab Global Media for those parties’ direct marketing use unless a user elects that we do so.
If you are a California resident under the age of 18, and a Subscriber, Provider or user of any our Services, including any website where this Privacy Statement is posted, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. To make such a request, please send an email with a detailed description of the specific content or information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal, even if requested.
- Use of Email Addresses and Other Contact Information
We collect the email addresses of those who voluntarily provide them to us, including users, Providers and Subscribers. You may receive relevant email and postal offers for publications, web seminars, white papers, events, and other services. You may receive subscription, editorial and other messages and emails from any of the CT Lab Global Media Services. If you do not want to receive messages from us in the future, please let us know at email@example.com.
The email addresses we collect may also be made available to third-parties who offer business-related products or services. We use an external vendor for processing these email messages, and they will not be allowed to keep your email address for their future use.
If you do not want to receive business-related third party email offers from CT Lab Global Media, LLC, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You may stop receiving business-related third party email offers each time an offer is sent to you. Full instructions will appear at the bottom of each email. If you do not receive an email within ten business days of an opt-out request confirming your request you can send an email to us at email@example.com.
- Contact Us
If you have questions or concerns about this Privacy Statement, please contact us online at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by postal mail addressed to:
CT Lab Global Media, LLC
100 S Juniper St, 3rd Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19107