Who We Are:
CT Lab Global Media is part of the leading International Consumer Electronic Tradeshow Company IFA, based in Berlin, Germany. We publish the Consumer Technology industry’s premier print and digital magazines, newsletters and websites and host CE Week NY.
We enrich and empower our audience with engaged editorial and sponsored content. We provide top performance and excellent returns on marketing investments for our media clients.
The team is made up out of visionary, trend-setting professionals. We believe in the power of team spirit, derived from professionalism, different cultural backgrounds, diversification and vision. We are a small team, where everyone helps out everyone, not always according to our job descriptions, but according to what needs to be done next.
We are looking for an individual to join our growing sales team. The opportunity is open to anyone seeking to work in a sales driven environment. Potential candidates should have a can do attitude and a willingness to learn and be part of a team working in the consumer electronics industry and the booming smart home segment. The position is a junior role and report directly to both Publishers. This is a unique opportunity to learn and work with a remote team based in Philadelphia, New York and San Diego.
Scope of Work:
- Research & compile information for prospects through company websites, trade show exhibitor guide listings, LinkedIn, etc.
- Share newsletter content with company sales contacts and collect leads for new accounts
- Observe the sales process with publishers on virtual and in-person meetings
- Assist the Publishers with emails, media kit requests, and other sales tasks
- Assist with client presentations and proposals
- Collaborate with other departments such as Production, Accounting, and Editorial
- Assist with monthly reporting for digital clients
- Participate on team calls and sales-team-related meetings and all online sales calls for Dealerscope and Connected Design
CT Lab Global Media, the North-American platform of IFA, the world's largest consumer electronics show, is seeking an Editorial Intern. This individual will contribute to our publications, websites, and social media platforms by producing various forms of content. CT Lab Global Media publishes both Dealerscope and Connected Design magazines, B2B publications that cover the consumer electronics and connected home industries.
- Create videos in PremierePro for product reviews, Facebook Live interview series, and various tradeshows/events
- Share our content across social media platforms in line with our social strategy (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube)
- Work with PowerStories to produce videos for clients
- Work alongside our two graphic designers to update promotional materials in Canva (thumbnails, Insider Talk flyers, social headers, etc.)
- Attend and cover industry trade shows, events (virtually and in-person)
- Completing writing projects, meeting deadlines and following content requirements for the print publication as well as the website (www.dealerscope.com)
- Proofreading both the print and digital versions of the publications
- Daily posting content to the websites
- Conducting research on related topics
Skills & Qualifications
- Familiarity and ease with desktop publishing and editing software (MS Office; Adobe Suite including PremierePro, PhotoShop and AfterEffects; WordPress; Canva).
- Excellent outreach/research skills in order to identify and select the best content for the publications/websites/social channels.
- Exceptional written, communication, and listening skills in order to communicate with publishers, outside contributors and in-house editors.
- Interest in and knowledge of consumer electronics a plus.
Submit a resume and cover letter outlining qualifications and interest in the position by DATE, 2020. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. The company will contact you with next steps if you are selected for an interview.
Job Type: Internship